Ants are tiny pests that are found all over the world. They are crawlers who can crawl over the rooms, foundations, ceilings, trees, vegetation and everywhere. They invade man-made properties in search of food sources. Ants live underground or in the wall gaps and are quite difficult to eliminate.
If you are facing an ant infestation in your property, it is quite important to kick them out with the assistance of pest control experts. To prevent being falling victim to an ant problem, it is important to prevent them from entering your property by following some preventative measures.
Some ways to avoid ants include:
- Clean away the clutter of spilled food crumbs and sweet drinks from the floors, cupboards, kitchen, room, yard and wall corners.
- Never leave any of the food sources open which include stored grains, pet food and sweets. Wash the food bowls of your pets soon after they have finished their food.
- To make your interiors less attractive to ants, empty the trash can regularly. Its better to use a lid to cover the garbage bins after throwing away the garbage inside it.
- Keep your surroundings clean by sweeping and mopping the floors regularly.
- To prevent the ant homes in your yard or garden, its advised to mow the grass, shrubs and trims along with clearing away the clutter of dried leaves and twigs.
- Clear away the moist spots in your home along with keeping the gutters and kitchen sinks clean by washing off the debris and bread crumbs.
- To restrict the ant invasion in your interiors, keep the ants away by sealing the potential wall cracks and crevices that can act as an easy source of their entrance.
- Inspect the wiring and pipe gaps. If found any, seal them right away with concrete to prevent the tiny ants from entering inside.
These are the few steps that must be followed to prevent the ant infestation in your property. If you are struggling with pesky ants, feel free to call our ant exterminators at Guelph Pest.